Sunday, April 10, 2011

Chickie, My Pet Chick


I have some vague memories of my dad humming Al Martino as a kid before I would go to sleep.  Sometimes, whenever I feel even a modicum of discontent in my life, I have the tendency to want to return to my childhood perhaps because it was a time when I was too young and too busy playing with my pet chick to  understand life's entangled complexities.  Other times, I would actually envy middle-aged folks because I felt that the majority of them have finally reached a certain degree of peace in their lives.  Sure at 50, we'll still have our problems, but at least we would be more accepting and more equip to deal with them.  It always seems as though we're, well, myself in particular, are in a tug-of-war between wanting to relive our youth and wanting to grow up.  But for now, while it may seem like it's taking an eternity to hurl yourself out of this funk, I suppose you ought to think of the struggles that you endure now as an investment for a wonderful future.  I assure you, there is promise in tomorrow. 

Anyways, I hope you'll all be around in June or July as I'm planning a trip back home.  I'm waiting for the time when I won't have to leave my apartment wearing 5 layers of clothing, though admittedly, today was not too bad.  Looking forward to summer.  Love and miss you all. xx

 

No comments:

Post a Comment