Friday, June 24, 2011

You're only a day away

The world--it's out there with the resources to do, see, and learn readily dispensed at our fingertips.  I don't feel that time should be a limiting factor in wanting to achieve all the great things you want in life, yet somehow there's always an excuse to temporarily postpone certain goals.  I'm learning so much in lab and it has for the most part sustained my appetite for such knowledge, but admittedly, I tend to relapse into a fit of discontent because I can't seem to reconcile this desire to do more with the limited time I have.  Ah, see...more excuses!  I realize that sometimes it's not very feasible to read every book, to learn how to play more new instruments and to draw everyday (among other things), but one can certainly try.  I guess this wanting to do "everything" is a consequence of being my father's daughter since he's the same way too.  I hope this restlessness isn't a sign of depression, although I did take Oprah's test for happiness and according to her I'm quite happy so nuh nuh nuh nuh nuh all you preaching folks who caution those who are not complacent in their lives.  Eh, whatever.  I'll do what I can because tomorrow's another day. 

2 comments:

  1. As long as the same is not expected from the rest of the world, breathe away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel ya dude ... but that's what I love about u and ur dad, you both aren't just "doctors" or "scientists," you have plenty of other interests that you are just as passionate about and pursue consistently and strive to have a full life. And you're so right, what's the point in living if we can't try to do what we love, even if we don't finish that painting or complete that verse ...miss u mucho

    ReplyDelete