I'm in the process now of devising my "Roadie" playlist for the drive up to Gainesville. So far I have Sweet City Woman by The Stampeders and You Are The Woman by Firefall. One of the things I miss most about my time in Florida are the three-and-a-half-hour-long drives from my home (Gainesville) to my home (Palm City). I have about 50 "Roadie" cds from 2004 to present all scattered in the back seat of my car. There isn't any particular theme that I assign to these playlists. Each song is just a feeling, a memory--happy--for the most part. I rarely drive in Ithaca so I don't have much opportunity to listen to my Roadie playlists. A long time ago, I named my iPod "Jeanne's River of Dreams." Listening to music is like breathing to me and so while I do listen to a lot of music in my apartment, in my living room, in the kitchen when I'm making a sandwich, while I'm brushing my teeth, when I'm showering, while I'm falling asleep at night, nothing really compares to that solitary drive where the melody of a song meanders with the road and it's just you humming a tune that you love so much--escape. Ah, moments, moments. I've only been home for a few days, but already my heart feels so full of--I don't know, many things, but they're good.
I ate way too much, but it was soo, soo delicious. Hats off to you, Jennifer and Dad! Hope you all had a lovely holiday.
No comments:
Post a Comment