Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Bingding gets beached

Kim, Alex, and I decided to take Binding to the beach.


This has been such a wonderful week--listening to my dad retell stories about his childhood, talking girl-talk over ice-cream with my mom, lunching at the Olive Garden with my cousins, car rides and long chats with friends, long walks, long drives, and flying kites.  I love home--the sunshine and warm people--but as much as I don't want to return to the hell hole (otherwise known as Ithaca) I feel like a lot of time could be wasted if I diverted my focus away from living life to hating a place, so I'll carry on like that 1930s poster advises we all do.  Harald, Scott and I have been discussing the very real possibility of hightailing it to California once we serve our time in grad school.  My tolerance for cold weather progressively gets lower and lower with each snowfall so we shall see where the next 2 years will lead us.

Here is my Roadie #52 playlist:

Roadie #52 by Jeanne Q on Grooveshark

And a few other songs that weren't on Grooveshark:

16. Let It Be by The Beatles
17. Don't Let Me Down by The Beatles
18. Whatever Happened? by The Strokes
19.Inland Empire by Peter Bjorn & John

Happy New Year! Joseph Addison once said that the three grand essentials to happiness in this life are something to do, something to love, and something to hope for so my wish for you all is that this year and future years to come will bring you those "somethings." Missing you all! xx 

No comments:

Post a Comment