Why does the new year always inspire people to better themselves? Whine less. Read more. Lose 10 pounds. Shouldn't we strive to be better people everyday? Beginning and end are all relative anyways. I don't have an "end" per se in my calender, but there is a beginning. Maybe one day, after we fly my kite, I'll tell you my very uncomplicated story over coffee. I've started writing Valentine's letters early because I know that once classes resume again, I'll be one of those pathetic people who uses the excuse "I'm too busy" to write a Valentine's letter. Inconvenience is such a pitiful excuse, though admittedly, I can't say that I've never been one of those "pathetic people." Strike one. Well, as part of my endeavor for self-improvement, here is my first attempt. My relationships with people are so important to me and I always feel terrible when I lose touch with a friend. It's a bit analogous to reading the first few pages of a book that you know is good and never completing it. How tragic! Perhaps all these social networks (i.e. Facebook) eliminates the need for phone calls and letters, but I don't want to discover on a news feed that "so and so" is getting married or that "so and so" is moving here. I want him/her to tell me about it.
But sometimes, if one's efforts at maintaining ties with a person are not reciprocated, you just have to let go. Oh, well. Though I suppose, it's never really "goodbye." It's "goodbye" until fate or circumstance brings you back to somebody and then it's "hello" again.
Anyways, my love for planetariums has driven me to purchase my very own in home planetarium. Merry Christmas to me! This has pretty much been the highlight of my week...that and finding multicolored tube racks in my lab today. Oh, what a life...
Good night.
No comments:
Post a Comment