Saturday, September 8, 2012

3000 Miles

I'm in the midst of compiling songs for my roadie playlists.  My folks and I decided that we will drive the 3000 miles from Palm City, Florida all the way to Berkeley, California.  My dad figured that he would probably never in his lifetime ever again have this opportunity to drive across the country with his wife and daughter and so he said, "eh, why not".  It's sad that we always assume that time will always be so generous as to allow us to seize those seemingly un-seizable opportunities.  We think, "there's always tomorrow" and so we postpone what we were going to do because there's comfort and security buried in tomorrow, but the truth is life oftentimes gets so muddled with other obligations that usually take higher precedence than the thing we were going to do and then invariably, we forget that thing and just continue the routine.  I guess the point I'm trying to make is this: the time is now.  Whatever it is you want to accomplish in your life, do it and don't wait because you just never know what can happen.  This sounds like those high school videos you watch in social studies with the bad actors with crooked teeth who always encourage you to "reach for your goals!"  But silly or not, it's true. 

My dad had surgery a few weeks ago and fortunately is recovering very well.  I think about all the problems in my life and how trivial they seem in comparison to the big stuff.  My family.  My dad.  As long as the people who I love are still in my life, there is nothing that seems too troublesome anymore.  Nothing else matters, really.  Leaving Ithaca was an excruciatingly more difficult decision than I would ever have imagined.  Oddly enough, I miss it--well, not Ithaca per se, but my friends.  I do have a lot of pride and no matter what anybody says, I couldn't allow them to dictate to me how to live my life nor could I let them tell me that I'm not good enough.  That was just unacceptable and so I left.  If you haven't already heard all the details, bug me again and we can chat over cookies and tea.  There are so many uncertainties, too many, that lie ahead, but I guess sometimes, you just have to close your eyes and take the next step.  Onwards, my friends, to a better life!

I went to Gainesville over the past Labor Day weekend.  Here are some photos from the visit:

 Harald, Scott, and I went to catch a movie and when we were leaving the parking lot, we found this beside our car.  Wtf, right?  Weeeeeeeird!

 Afterwards, Harald cooked the rest of us a gourmet dinner and later we played some cards. 

 I love these guys!

 It took us about 5 times before we could capture this photo!  Haha.

I went underneath the Roosevelt Bridge again today to read my book and low and behold, a rainbow! 



This song has been stuck on repeat.  If you have any songs that have been stuck on repeat, please send them my way!  I welcome all suggestions as I'll need about a thousand songs (quite literally) for my impending road trip. 


Have a good week. xx

No comments:

Post a Comment