I watched this really superb documentary last night called, Happy. It examines happiness and its various forms across the globe. I won't reveal too much in case you're interested in watching it yourself, but I really do encourage you guys to check it out. It's on instant queue in Netflix! It gave me a different perspective on life and just the unmitigated value of simplicity. Happiness comes from within. Make the choice and be happy...or at least try. Though I'll admit, sometimes being happy and maintaining such emotion is beyond our level of control, but ultimately, it is up to you (well, unless you have a chemical imbalance or you're already genetically predisposed to be depressed, then it really isn't up to you, but...details, details!). At the very least, watching this documentary gave me some vindication for leaving Ithaca. Ha ha! Anyways...
Tomorrow I'll be on my merry way to Berkeley. Moving can be so stressful, but deep breaths, deep breaths and everything will be okay. That's what I keep repeating to myself. In all honestly though, I don't have any serious problems. Life is good...and much better with music. Doo dooo dooo!
I have about 30 roadie cds and counting. That should suffice, I think.
I hope the people are friendly. I hope my new lab will be a better fit. I hope I'll like the weather more. I wish there was someone I could talk to out there. I wish for a smooth transition. I hope, I hope, I hope...wish, wish, wish. I guess you never can predict what will happen in your life. Just go with the flow and enjoy that ride. I hope I won't have to move again because moving is annoying. I hope...
Pictures of the journey to follow. Toodles for now! xx
No comments:
Post a Comment