Friday, October 14, 2011

Dance Your Ph.D!

There's this contest that Science (yeah, this is totally legit!) is having where contestants are asked to create an interpretive dance of their Ph.D. research thesis.  Check out my friends' video about human protein phosphatase.  Woop woop...they made it to the finals!

Contestant vids

Cornell's very own

These vids are pretty dang good.  Feast your eyes!

Ugh...there are some obnoxious, drunk undergrads singing Britney Spears outside my window now.  She had some good hits, but come on, let go!  Sometimes the convenience of living so close to lab doesn't compensate for the raucous bar noise that spills into the streets and into my window.  I've contemplated moving so many times, but I've already grown accustomed to the walls of my small, studio apartment and so I renewed my lease.  I imagine I'll live in the same apartment for the next 3 years or at least until I grow tired of it all and finally muster up the energy to just move already.

Anyways, I love Django Reinhardt...well, all manouche jazz really, especially during the autumn season.  Ain't nothin' like a mug of tea, some oatmeal, and Django on a cold, Friday night.  Here are some favorites:






It feels like fall now...

No comments:

Post a Comment