Mom's asleep and I don't want to turn on the telly and wake her. I escaped to my bathroom to read my book, but my back aches now from leaning against the door so I started perusing my old photos more out of boredom than anything else.
Hard to believe these were taken exactly 2 years ago when we (Mavis and the gang) embarked on our journey to CHESS. And now...I live here. Yowzahs, the mind does reel. I'm finding that I'm having trouble distinguishing between years. Sometimes 2 or 3 years ago feel like just weeks ago...days even. But I suppose that's the nature of the beast--the beast being time. Yesterday commingles with tomorrow and pretty soon your life is just one big stew. Hopefully there will be some tasty bits in there though.
I tend to organize much of the music I listen to in an autobiographical manner so Andrew Bird is a good throwback to 2009.
Tomorrow, I'm planning on taking my mom out for waffles and ice-cream. There's a Friends of the Library book sale so maybe we'll check that out, but I know she's been itching to see Contagion.
Have a lovely weekend, my friends.








No comments:
Post a Comment